| A view 20 minutes from the house of the family I am staying with. |
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Indonesia
I just got off skype with my sisters, and am told that I need to provide more frequent updates. So here is a short update :)
I am currently in Indonesia on the island of Java. I flew from South Korea to Singapore, and from Singapore to Jakarta Indonesia. Jakarta is a big city with a very high population. I spent two nights in Jakarta, and met a guy named Ferry who happened to be a christian. He showed me around Jakarta on his motorcycle for a day, and I left the next day for the village where the family I am visiting lives. It took a 13 hour train ride to Surabaya, another two hour train ride, and an hour car ride up winding mountain roads to get to their house. I've never experienced any landscapes like I have here. It is very beautiful. The house sits about nine miles from a volcano that has been very active recently, spitting up lots of ash. I have spent most of my time with the family, learning from them, and serving them in whatever ways possible. I can't write their names on here, or show them in my pictures or videos, but I'll try to make another video update here soon. I'll be here until Saturday (Jan 22), then fly to Malaysia, and then take a bus to Singapore to meet up with an old friend of my Dad's, and spend a few days there. I'll finally arrive in Bangladesh the 26th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment